Peanut Butter Football Dog Treat Recipe!
Super Bowl Sunday is less than a week away…which means that the best puppy event of the year is on the horizon…the 15th Annual Puppy Bowl! If you’ve read our ‘How To Throw The Ultimate Puppy Bowl Viewing Party’ guide then you’ll have spotted our homemade Peanut Butter Football Dog Treats that are perfect for the big event! They’re super easy to make and look adorable to impress all of your furry friends with on Game Day!
GO TREATS! I mean, GO TEAM!
– Barks xo
1. 3 CUPS OAT FLOUR (can be substituted for coconut, wholewheat or any other preferred flour) + a little extra for flouring surface and rolling pin.
2. 1/4-1/2 CUP MOLASSES
3. 2 TBSP PEANUT BUTTER (We chose our favorite Banana and Peanut Buddy Budder by BarkBistro! Its an amazing dog friendly peanut butter made with unsalted dry roasted peanuts, banana chips + chia seeds, made here in sunny South Florida!) CLICK HERE TO SHOP + DISCOVER THEIR OTHER AMAZING FLAVORS!
4. 1/4 CUP MELTED COCONUT OIL (depending on the type of flour used, you may need a little more or less to get the perfect dough consistency)
5. PLAIN GREEK YOGHURT (for frosting the cookies)
6. 1/2 CUP WATER
Whenever possible, try to buy organic products which are healthier for your pups.
UTENSILS + EQUIPMENT:
1. MEDIUM MIXING BOWL
2. ROLLING PIN
3. FOOTBALL COOKIE CUTTER (we purchased this set of 2 from AMAZON PRIME. CLICK TO SHOP)
4. 2 X LIGHTLY GREASED FOIL COVERED COOKIE SHEETS
5. SMALL PIPING BAG OR ZIPLOC BAG WITH CORNER CUT
6. MIXING SPOON
(CLICK HERE TO SHOP OUR FAVES!)
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Sift the flour into the mixing bowl. Mix in the melted coconut oil, molasses, peanut butter and 1/2 cup water, then allow to rest for 15 minutes. **start to setup your Puppy Bowl treat table during those 15 minutes…or cuddle your pup!**
Lightly flour your work surface and roll your cookie dough out to be approximately 1/4 thick.
Cut out your cookies using your football cookie cutter. CLICK HERE to shop the exact same Amazon Prime version that we used.
Transfer your footballs to the prepared baking sheets. Bake until firm, about 25 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning them
Allow your cookies to fully cool on a cooling rack. Add your greek yoghurt ‘frosting’ into a small piping bag with a tiny nozzle OR make your own using a ziplock bag. Simply add your yoghurt to the bag. squeeze and twist the end of your bag, then snip a small corner with scissors to create the nozzle to pipe.
Carefully pipe the football details onto each individual cookie, placing them onto a plate or cookie sheet once finished.
Now that all of the cookies are decorated its time to transfer them into the fridge to allow the frosting to harden before enjoying. We hope you love them!
POST BY @ BarkleyDoodles
Disclaimer: Be sure to consult with your veterinarian and breeder on any health related choices. All of our recommendations above are ones which we have been very happy with, but each dog is different and you must take caution with using any new products on your puppy. I am not a registered dietitian or veterinarian, and am not responsible for any loss or damage. Please be aware that Barkley Doodles may also receive a small affiliate income when you purchase something through one of our product links, but we only ever recommend products we truly love.